Receiving or Paying Your Bill
How can I be sure I receive my bill?
The best option to ensure delivery of your bill is uninterrupted is to sign up for paperless billing. With paperless billing, you receive an e-mail when your bill is ready with the amount due and payment date. The e-mail provides an easy link to our AccountOnline portal where you can view your bill, link directly to your financial institution for payment, and view your detailed energy consumption and billing history.
How can I pay my bill?
Currently, the safest option for payment is online through your financial institution or sign up for pre-authorized payments. For pre-authorized payments click here. Credit card payments can be made through our website by clicking here. Cheques can be mailed or dropped off in our night deposit box at 43 Alice St. Acton, L7J 2A9. Please call or e-mail our office if you need to make payment arrangements.
What is Halton Hills Hydro doing if I can’t pay my bill?
Halton Hills Hydro understands that many customers are facing financial hardships as a result of the pandemic. The following measures are in place to assist our customers:
- Disconnection of accounts for non-payment has been suspended. This includes all residential and low volume, small commercial customers.
- Arrears payment arrangements are available to customers who need more time to pay their account.
Halton Hills Hydro offers a number of payment assistance programs to assist customers having difficulty paying their bills:
- Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
- Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program - Small Business (CEAP-SB)
Full details are available on the Payment Assistance page on our website.